February 13, 2015

Love/Hate Relationship

I love Valentine's Day. 
I hate Valentine's Day.
It's true. 
V-Day and I  have a Love/Hate relationship and here's why.















Reasons I love Valentine's Day:

I love candy.  Chocolate, Gummy, Peanut Butter, Red Licorice, it doesn't matter.  Just give it to me.  Hell, I'll even take dessert.  Cake, ice cream, tiramisu, pudding....
I love getting attention.  Yep.  It's all about me and how much you love me!  I need to know!
Fleurs. Fleurs and plants are 2 of my favorite things.  I think I should have flowers around me all the time.  That's what I think. 
Love.  I love love. I do.  I'm a romantic at heart.  Don't tell anyone.
The day after, you can buy all kinds of yummy deliciousness half off!  Wooo!  Shopping spree!
Those cute little cards kids give out.  Like in Elementary school when everyone decorated a paper lunch bag with lace hearts and ribbon so kids could put their cute little folded cards in there with just their names on it.  Good times.
Getting pampered.  Massage, pedi, mani, whatever.  Do it, baby, do it.
The color red.  I like it.  It's the same color as my kitchen...and poppies....go red.




















Reasons I hate Valentine's Day:

I made the colossal mistake of getting married on V-Day.  You can see how well that worked out.  **cough cough not my idea cough cough**
I don't believe there should be one day of love a year. Buy me flowers next month.  Fucker.
If you are single, you feel like an A-hole.  Way to make someone feel worse, life. Real nice.
Sitting at work and seeing a thousand roses...and I hate roses.
Conversation hearts.  I'd rather lose a conversation with some good candy.  Not chalk.
The price goes up double on everything!  Food, candy, flowers. 
The people who complain about Valentine's Day because you should show your partner you love them every day!  Say it, don't spray it, Don Juan.
Teddy bears.  Teddy bears are creepy..and cheap. Especially that place that makes you put the heart in the teddy bear corpse.  *shudder*
















So, Happy Valentine's Day to all the couples, singles, family, friends, lovers.  Be good to each other because this so called holiday makes it hard for everyone regardless of what their Facebook status says.  And, if you are still having a hard time with this holiday, just remember that March reportedly has the most breakups. 

*Peace.




No comments:

Post a Comment