December 22, 2014

Merry Christmas Letter

I didn't have the extra money to buy stamps....or Christmas cards this year.  I didn't have photos taken of my kid nor did I have the time to write personal notes to all.  I usually snail mail cards because I love doing traditional things. This is one of the things that I hate about this year...the fact that I didn't send cards. So, I thought I'd write one of those cheesy family letters and post it here for all to read.

You're welcome.  Feliz Navidad.













Merry Christmas, Everyone!

This has been a fun, crazy and busy year for us here in the Craig/Sahler/Wright household! 

First thing is I'm in the process of changing my last name! haha!  Still. I'm procrastinating but I'm also getting older and lazier.  It will happen, though.  Be patient.  There is no way in HELL I'm dying with the ex's last name. 

We have finally moved into our house and have no immediate plans to move again. At least....not yet...I mean, this will be the 3rd or is it 4th move this year!  I always knew I had gypsy in my blood.  Thankfully, Amanda and Abe seem to have it, too.  At least, I think they do. If they don't, no matter. I'll just keep throwing their shit in boxes and loading it up my car for them. BUT, this is where we shall remain for a while.  At least for another year or so, before we pick up and jet off to Murrell's Inlet or Surfside Beach.  (wishes wishes beach house wishes)














Amanda is fabulous. This cannot surprise you since I'm the one who gave birth to her.  She made the Dean's List at college. (brag brag) She dorms, too, so she is getting her chance at the whole college party puke wall fame thing. Actually, she's getting a dose of independence.  Except when she's hungry, needs laundry done or wants her feet rubbed....then she comes home.

Amanda was chosen to play 'Janet' in her Theater Club's 'Rocky Horror Picture Show' performance. She did her mother proud!  Except for the sex scenes...I had to close my eyes for that. She is also working at Moroney's Harley-Davidson and doing wonderful.  She has a great work ethic.  This makes me proud because most kids her age don't. She also has a cute boyf named Dominic.  He's very sweet to her, comes from an awesome family and treats her like a lady.  He better because Abe and I both have guns. Oh, I almost forgot, she bought a Harley. I don't know if I was mad at her, Abe or work for that purchase.  But, she bought all the gear and looks like a real biker. She just needs to practice a little more before she sets out on the road. She's totally cute, though, and now her sweetness has a bit of 'Kelly' edge to it.  (another proud moment)













Abe is working at Moroney's, too.  He is the Assistant Service Manager.  He misses wrenching so we had to buy another Harley this past Spring so he has something to tinker with.  This makes me happy because the Sportster only has one seat.  I can ride with him on the new one.  Well...correction...this makes me happy MOST of the time.  It didn't make me happy the day I wore yoga pants and got stung by a bee on my inner thigh.  Yep.  Ripped my non-underwear wearing pants down on 209.  Abe almost died but hey...I had a stinger in my pants!

Abe's been working around our new house, playing hisband, exploring the woods and always looking for something to do.  For example, he built a garden frog with random car parts and bits that he found.  He's fun like that!  My dad wants him to do side work with him and custom build bikes, or something like that, together.  They both probably just want to be on Velocity and be famous doing what they love.














I am working at Mohonk AND Moroney's but basically just waiting to hit Lotto.  I'm tired of working and would rather write, hike, photograph and create things.  You know...do what I want! This shouldn't shock anyone. ;)  I'm still in love with Jack and am getting fat right along with him. We are both bubba's! He was homeless and starving, though, so it's ok. I was just homeless so I don't have an excuse.

Other than that, I'm just waiting for 2015 to be a better year and for spring to come! I hope all of you have had a wonderful year full of love, laughter and chocolate.  I wish you double of all of that in 2015. After all, I don't want to be the only one left with thunder thighs and a big ass. Ha.














*Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment