December 26, 2014

Fuck It. I Made a Bucket. *updated*

It's no surprise that I've been in a funk for a few months. In an attempt to drive myself toward the road to recovery, I decided to make a Bucket List. Now, I have always had a list. I have just never shared it. I also haven't updated it in a while. So, I drug out the old 'to-do' list, dusted it off & began to resurrect it. It actually made me very happy that I could cross some things off & insert new ones. I will try to update this as often as I can. I am not making any promises. The only promise made here is to me.














Kelly's Bucket.


1. Write and publish a book...or two.


2. Eat crepes in Paris.


3. Zip line thru a rain forest canopy in South America.


4. Go on an African safari and see the Big 5.


5. Spend a night with the Maasai.


6. Zorb in New Zealand.


7. White water raft down the Colorado.


8. Drink beer at Oktoberfest.


9. Explore Machu Picchu.


10. Eat sushi in Tokyo.


✓ 11. Move to Washington State.


12. Buy a kayak.


13. Take an impromptu drive up PCH.


14. Visit Monet’s garden in Normandy, France.


✓15. Fall madly in love.


16. Get married.


17. Get a degree in Journalism.


18. Own my own book store.


✓ 19. Meander through Central Park without hurry.


20. Ride a camel to the pyramids of Giza.


21. Hang out with the animals on Galapagos Island.


22. Trek through the Amazon rainforest.


23. Swim in Jellyfish Lake


24. Have a job because of love not because of money.


25. Ride the Napa Valley Wine Train with friends


26. Ride a cable car in San Fran & hang off the side.


✓ 27. Learn not to say yes when I really want to say no.


✓ 28. Learn to let go.


29. Find my passion.


✓ 30. Spend an entire day reading, nothing else.


31. Spend Christmas in Australia.


32. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.


33. Grow a magnificent garden.


34. Participate in a house exchange with someone from Europe.


35. Go to Holland and pick tulips.


36. Ride a horse on the beach.


37. Learn to play my didgeridoo.


38. Throw a boomerang.


39. Do a Roar & Snore at the San Diego Zoo.


40. Ride a gondola in Venice..before it sinks.  The city..not the gondola.


41. Parasail.


42. Swim at a Hawaiian waterfall.


43. Get acupuncture.


44. Take a cooking class.


45. Go on a honeymoon.


46. Go to Fiji & drink kava with the Maori.


47. Go sailing.


48. Meet Steven Tyler & Johnny Depp. Separately.


49. Learn to play a musical instrument.


50. Remember the important things in life.


Yes, I aim big and think large. But, like my good old friend, Dr. Suess, said:

“And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”


*Peace.

Updated - December 6, 2014:  Wow.  Time to update this again.  I haven't accomplished much in the past few years but I have learned to let go. I am determined to accomplish more than one of these in 2015.

Updated - June 5, 2010: Getting laid off allowed me to accomplish 2 things on my Bucket List. I spent an entire day reading and it was wonderful. I am on my way to live in Washington State. 2 down! 48 to go!


Updated - April 6, 2010: 2 more down! 46 to go! I plan on checking off at least 4 more before this year is out. I'm moving right along. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment