January 24, 2014

Erin Bo Braless

I know some people are lost in time.  In fact, I have never been more aware of this until I moved back home.  I still see mullets....waist high acid wash jeans....blue eye shadow....pancake faced women.....men in their 40's still cheating on their girlfriends with girls in their 20's while standing around the local bar pool table drinking bottled beer.  Total time warp.  But what really cinched it for me today was seeing a car with a bra on it.  Really? 

I'll be the first to admit that I had a Pontiac Sunfire, cobalt blue, with personalized license plates that had twinkly lights flashing around it, a sunroof, Salt & Pepper blasting from the cassette player and a black bra.  Yes.  It's true.  I also had a spiral perm and black kohl eyeliner all the way around my eyes.  But....this was 1987!!!! Come the hell on! It's 2014.  Some shit should be left to die.. Like all of those dead horses above...let them rest in peace.  Please.   

Go braless. 

PS....that car was for sale.  #notbuying



So, let's update.  My landlord crashed my Ladies Brunch in December.  It was so funny to see this crazy, little, Jewish guy to come walking in.  He is truly a hoot.  He's just nuts which is probably why he likes me renting his apartment. But, it was kind of awkward because there were about 15 ladies drinking mimosas & he comes strutting in.  Now that I think about it, I wonder if he was trying to get lucky.....anyway, he made a comment that stuck in my brain.

'It's hard being a woman.  Women care about everything.' 



I didn't really pay much attention at the time because..well....because I was tipsy, but here I am...months later...considering that comment.  He's right.  Being a woman sucks.  Caring about everything is just the icing on our crapcake.  But, such is life. My therapist told me I care too much...more than an average person. I don't think that's great but I don't think its bad either. You should care about life.  You only have one and the things in it are what makes it amazing so please care! However,  there is a lot I don't care about. 

I don't care about people trying to control lives when they can't even control their own.  
I don't care about mean & hateful people who are so judgmental but their lives are full of nothing.
I don't care about people having an opinion on my life because, if you aren't paying my bills, your opinion means nothing.
I don't care that you don't appreciate my sense of humor.  I have one.  All the time.  In good or bad times and you know what? That's one of my favorite things about myself.  Maybe you should do an Amber Alert for your sense of humor.
I don't care that your life is so miserable that you have to attack mine.
I don't care if you don't like me.
I don't care about the past because that's what makes us who we are.
I don't deliberately set out to hurt people but if you hurt me, or attack me, be prepared for a shit storm.  I don't care what people think about that either. 

Moving on.  

I have a new job.  I'm back at Harley loving what I do.  Marketing, Social Media, Events....it's what I'm good at and I love it.  The last job I had that brought me back to NY was crap.  They told me I was too friendly for customer service.  Umm...what?  Really?  They also said I need to learn to think inside the box.  Umm....never.  I'm glad that job brought be home but I'm also glad not to be working there anymore.

I'm in the process of mending my relationship and finding a house.  Both are a lot of work.  But, I forgive people.  I always have.  I'd hate to be someone who doesn't, who holds grudges and who carries it with them their entire life. That shit is poison.  Let it go.  Forgive.  Life's too short.  Besides, everyone makes mistakes and we both did.  But, I don't love lightly.  I haven't had a slew of relationships, I don't throw the words around and when I truly let you in, you're in for life.  He's in.  

Now, I have until the end of May to find a house.  This is causing me a load of stress but, as usual, everything will work out.  

My kid is still amazing.  She graduated college, made the Presidents List, got a scholarship to Mt. Saint Mary's, all the while holding down a job and a relationship.  She is taking on the world with her smile and heart.  I look at other kids her age and am so thankful I raised her right. I'm so stinkin' proud of her.  ❤️πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œ



Im back hanging with my best friend and this makes me very happy.  We have been friends since 6th grade. We grew up and are growing old together.  Like I said...once you're in, you're in.

I'm in love with my dog, Jack.  I've spent a ton of money. Thanks to donations and my wallet, he is now a handsome boy.  I cannot believe anyone would have dumped this love bug.  He's so cute and fun.  I used to be a cat lady...now I'm a dog lady, too.  Maybe I'm just an animal lady.  Who knows?

Anyway.  That's the recap of my life. Having an amazing daughter. Loving my life. Dealing with bullshit..as always.  People being ignorant.  Love always winning.  Loving my job.  Looking forward to the future.  



Plus, it's FINALLY getting warm!  

*Peace.


  








No comments:

Post a Comment