November 19, 2013

Mostly Dead is Slightly Alive.

I started working again. After 6 months of unemployment, I have to say....I've gotten used to sleeping late, nap time, doing what I want. Working kind of sucks.


But, until I hit lotto or marry a rich Dr, it's something I have to do it. Sigh. 

So, to make up for the fact that I am no longer 'free' and have to answer to 'the man', I find humor.  Always. With everything. In every situation. I find humor....because if I don't, I won't survive.  No, seriously, I won't. I'm convinced that the moment I don't find some glimpse of humor in life, I will be mostly dead.


Luckily for me, new job has about 700 employees. This means TONS of humor ops! Tons.

For example, the lunch lady sounds like the boss slug lady from Monsters, Inc. and I LOVE her. She is always happy, singing, dancing, making jokes...always entertaining. Today she was singing. I had to laugh and tell her she had a wonderful voice. She cackled at me and said 'Oh, no I don't and I don't care. I'm singing anyway.' Her name is Edna but I'm calling her Roz from now on. She's my favorite. Makes me love lunch time even more.

Check out Roz here ➡️  http://youtu.be/RtWBlDC2-ss

Today I was in one of the break rooms eating my lunch. I could have joined the class in the cafeteria but I wanted to be alone. I was in one of those moods today. Anyway, it's dark in this room, there's a couch and the TV is always on The Food Network. I sat on the couch, put my feet up, was slurping down leftover pasta and some girl comes and sits next to me. Ok. That's cool. It's a big couch and she wasn't invading my personal space. She put her iPod on, buds in her ears and was content on her own. Awesome! Until....she starts snoring. Seriously? I love naps, too, but really? Snorey McSnoreson finally woke up and left. I had to giggle. I hope her power nap worked.

Needless to say, there is endless entertainment for me at work. It may not be my dream job but it's better entertainment than people watching at the mall.  I mean, I get paid for this. 

*Peace.






No comments:

Post a Comment