January 2, 2013

2012....How I Will Miss You.


So long, 2012. Farewell. Auf Wiedersehen, Adieu. Adieu. Adieu.

Another year has flown by and it’s taken me by surprise. I remember being young and wishing my life away so that I could be an adult. Now that I am an adult, I’m wishing my life would slow down so that I could be a kid.

2012 was a great year. For others more than myself but that’s usually how it is. I put others before me and their joy becomes mine. I share in it and love to make others smile.

2012 started with Amanda finally getting her license. She started driving in Vegas. Got her permit in Seattle. Got another permit in NY. Got her license. Still isn’t a great driver. Haha! She takes after me…too fast…too aggressive. One more thing for me to worry about but now she has her freedom. This was good.

My empty nest syndrome started kicking in and I got a rabbit. Much later will I regret this fluffy little ball of fur love. However, Cadbury was the newest member of our family.

I began working full time at Woodstock Harley-Davidson. Starting the year off doing accounting and finishing the year off doing marketing and events. At least I am back doing what I love to do and was meant to do. Why I keep getting jobs in accounting when I hate math is beyond me.

I met Abe's beautiful daughter, Gabby.  She didn't want to like me.  Most of Abe's family blames me for making him move to NY.  I decided that I would be ok with that.  I'd rather them dislike me than him.  I also knew that it was their loss because I am a really good person.  Someone I'd want my dad, son, brother to be with.  Anyway, Gabby had reservations but came anyway.  I'm so proud of her for being braver and stronger than she thought....and for trusting in me.  We had such a great time and I love her to death.  Whether I am with her father or not, I will always be there for her.  I hope she knows that. I also met his beautiful nieces and saw his beautiful sister again.















Amanda graduated high school. My mom was here, her father came and we all watched her get her diploma. My beautiful Honor Roll, Advanced Diploma, Ass Kicking daughter was now an adult…kinda…sorta…a little bit. Abe, my mom & I took her to NYC and her first Broadway show as a gift. ‘Wicked’ was amazing. The entire trip was amazing.

















Abe’s empty nest syndrome kicked in and he got a kitten. Much later, I will hurt this kitten, cry like I killed him and he will become my kitten…and my favorite. We welcomed Timmy to our family.

Abe, Amanda & I went camping for the first time and I think we did rather well. There were a lot of things we didn’t know, we forgot or we didn’t have but, overall, we are campers. Lake George will never be the same.

We also went to Myrtle Beach. I loved the beach and would live there forever if I could. In fact, this has become my dream spot to live. Warm, no snow, restaurants, shops, nice people, the beach. Heaven, I say.















We also went to Vegas. It was my first time back in 2+ years. Thanks to my dear hearts, Erik & Charles, Amanda and I hopped on a plane. Thanks to my mom, Abe hopped as well. It was surreal to be back. I noticed how things have changed, myself included. I noticed that I looked at Vegas differently now that I wasn’t a resident. I noticed that I miss the sun and the warmth like a flower in the winter. I noticed a lot. I let go of a lot. I said goodbye to a lot. I said thank you to a lot. I said hello to a beautiful newborn baby girl.















My sister got engaged. This was bittersweet. I was worried for her. Scared for her. Proud of her. Jealous of her. Filled with love for her. I can’t imagine my life without my sister in it now that I’ve had a chance to have her in it. My life is certainly more beautiful. Now she will be leaving for Jersey as a wife and I may be leaving shortly thereafter. Not for Jersey. And not as a wife. But still. Like I said…bittersweet. BUT! I can’t wait to be an Aunt and see grand things emit from this amazingly beautiful young woman.

Amanda & I went to Salem, MA. We wanted our fortune told and that’s what we did. It was wonderful to spend time together like we used to. Her & I…taking on the world. Running amuck, amuck, amuck. I love impromptu trips just for fun. I’m an adventurer and I have wanderlust. Oh, the places I’ll go.

Abe and I are doing wonderful. He’s my best friend, my rock, and my life. It will be 2 years this February when he came walking back into my life. 2 years this July when he came moving back into my life. Haha! I don’t know what I would do without him and I never want to find out. Some people don’t understand how we can live together, sleep together, work together and play together. Sometimes I, myself, don’t understand how. I have low tolerance, am non-committal and have a short attention span. Yet….we have an awesome life. Sure there are hard times, low points and rough edges but we love each other and that makes all the difference. I will marry this man, quietly and lovely, and keep him forever. Because through it all, and quite simply, he makes me laugh and that makes all the difference.















2012 brought 2 weddings, 1 engagement, 1 baby, 2 pregnancies, 2 breakups, 1 move, 2 motorcycle licenses, 3 tattoos, 1 prom, many holidays, many family get togethers and many girls night outs!

Like I said, 2012 was wonderful. I found happy times, amazing secret places, laughter where I didn’t think was any, smiles where there were tears and love, unconditional and fully encompassing.

I can’t wait to see what 2013 will bring.

New places? New faces?

I can’t wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment