September 28, 2012

44 & Fabulous?

Something wonderful is bound to happen this year, I'm sure of it.  Simply because I turned double digits on Saturday.  44.  Whoa.  That's gotta mean something amazing, right?  That's gotta mean this year is going to be spectacular, right?  Just agree with me and move on. 

I had to work on my birthday but that's ok.  We had an event so it was actually fun to be working.  That night, Abe and Amanda took me out for my all time favorite dinner.  SUSHI!   Nom nom nom.  I never thought I could eat just one thing for the rest of my life but if I ever had to make that choice, I'd choose sushi.  Without a doubt.  If you are what you eat, I'm definitely sushi. 






















The next day we had our company picnic.  I had pomegranite margaritas...yum.  I went in the bouncy house....exhausting.  I played baseball...I rock.  I had so much fun but one thing I did realize is that my ass is truly 44.  I almost died in the bouncy house.  It was so much fun but so exhausting!  I climbed out of that thing breathing like I've been smoking for 100 years.  I totally had to sit down and take a drink. haha!  I don't care though.  I don't think you are ever too old for a bouncy house or a trampoline.  Baseball was fun, too.  I can still hit the ball and still run.  That's pretty good for an old chick who hasn't played on a baseball team since 5th grade.  Yep.  I was the tallest girl on the team and they made me short stop.  Oh, the irony.

















Anyway.  B-day was full of good stuff.  I do, however, think birthdays should be like a national holiday.  You get the day off PAID.  You get to decorate and put up twinkly lights.  You get your favorite food and your favorite cake.  You know.  Like Halloween or the 4th of July or Christmas because there are presents!!

I passed my motorcycle permit test.  I think they made most of the answers 'A' just to eff with me.  20 questions, 18 'A's".  Doesn't matter though because I passed so suck on that DMV.  I take the course tomorrow.  This should be an adventure considering I've never been on the bike.  Oh, wait, scratch that.  I have sat on Harley's in the showroom and rode on the back of bikes but never drove one.  Oh, and it's supposed to rain.  Welcome to my world.

Speaking of my world, the other day I was cleaning house...always a typical dance party USA event...and a song came on that totally woke up my inner strip. I could have totally found a job in Vegas after I got laid off!  haha!  Seriously, though, I honestly don't think my house would ever be clean if I didn't have music on the TV.  Unless, of course, I hire a maid when I hit lotto.  Which I'm going to.  Soon.  Before the end of the year.  Yep.  It's true.





















One last thing that's on my mind....who else spends more time looking for movies on Netflix than actually watching them? 

*Peace.











No comments:

Post a Comment