August 4, 2010

Misery Loves Company

Why is it that some people are threatened by humor, success, delight and happiness if it's not their own? I'm amazed...and saddened by this concept. Misery loves company....and that surprises me. If I am miserable, I turn to my friends for comfort and joy. If I am miserable, I turn to myself for delectation. If I am miserable, I certainly don't project my poison into the lives of others.
















Some do....and it's annoying as hell. It's not that I'm insensitive to another's plight. I am always the one people come to for advice, to vent, to cry and talk about their problems. As far back as I can remember I have been the listener, the counselor, the advice giver, the one who would never judge. I should have been a psychiatrist, come to think of it. A big part of me is made of up this being who wants to make everyone happy. If you are happy, then I am happy.

It's extremely difficult for me to deal with people who come at me using their misery as a weapon. As if the very thought of me living happily is offensive to them. I don't understand. Everyone has problems, everyone. I could write a litany of crap that I deal with on a day to day basis. What's different between them & I? Attitude. View. Perspective, philosophy, demeanor, frame of mind. Anyone can have these things. Those who are miserable are so because of their own doing. So, don't attack me, don't come looking for a fight, don't make me out to be the bad guy. Because I will fight back...that's also who I am.

I moved to Seattle to change my life. The miserable, dramatic, toxic, soul sucking vermin have no place here. YOU are not welcome. I do not want your company.














Ok, moving on. This is all of me I will let you have. This moment. Every night I go to sleep knowing that today I was the best possible being I could be. Can you say the same? I certainly hope so. If you can't....well....that is a sad story.

I am no longer a home owner. I have mixed feelings about this. Part of me is relieved. It was the final door left to close on my old existence. The short sale went amazingly well. Shocking, quite honestly. No hassles from the bank, no problems from the buyers, nothing. Shout out to CitiBank and Charter One for not being the douches that I hear Bank of America are being. The buyers are also nice people who love my yard. My favorite part of the home and I am confident that it will continue to be the gem of the community. Part of me is sad. My first house, Amanda's childhood home, our safe haven that held parties for my friends, holidays with my family, vacations with both. A lot of good memories were made in that home.

I couldn't have done it without my extremely capable, skilled, amazing AND handsome realtor & friend, Erik. Erik & his husband, Charles, came out to visit this weekend. My first visitors!! Yay! I had such a good time just being in their presence. To have such happy, positive, funny and fantastic men in my happy, positive, funny and fantastic home was amazing. My cup runneth over. I can't wait for them to come back and do it again.

















OH! And congrats to California for finally, finally getting it that love is love. LOVE IS LOVE. PERIOD!!! It's unconstitutional to deny anyone the right to marriage. Nothing else matters...only love. Without it, you have nothing. Now, if only the rest of the planet could stop the hate. The world is a much more beautiful place without it....of that I have no doubt.

Banner


*Peace.

1 comment:

  1. campaig? Weeee Double Rainbow all the weay!

    ReplyDelete