February 4, 2010

Fuck It. I Made a Bucket.

It's no surprise that I've been in a funk for a few months. In an attempt to drive myself toward the road to recovery, I decided to make a Bucket List. Now, I have always had a list. I have just never shared it. I also haven't updated it in a while. So, I drug out the old 'to-do' list, dusted it off & began to resurrect it. It actually made me very happy that I could cross some things off & insert new ones.

I will try & update this as often as I can. I am not making any promises. The only promise made here is to me.












Kelly's Bucket.

1. Write and publish a book...or two.
2. Eat crepes in Paris.
3. Zip line thru a rain forest canopy in South America.
4. Go on an African safari and see the Big 5.
5. Spend a night with the Maasai.
6. Zorb in New Zealand.





















7. White water raft down the Colorado.
8. Drink beer at Oktoberfest.
9. Explore Machu Picchu.
10. Eat sushi in Tokyo.
11. Move to Washington State.
12. Buy a kayak.
13. Take an impromptu drive up PCH.
14. Visit Monet’s garden in Normandy, France.
















15. Fall madly in love.
16. Get married.
17. Get a degree in Journalism.
18. Own my own book store.
19. Meander through Central Park without hurry.
20. Ride a camel to the pyramids of Giza.
21. Hang out with the animals on Galapagos Island.














22. Trek through the Amazon rainforest.
23. Swim in Jellyfish Lake
24. Have a job because of love not because of money.
25. Ride the Napa Valley Wine Train with friends
26. Ride a cable car in San Fran & hang off the side.
27. Learn not to say yes when I really want to say no.
28. Learn to let go.
29. Find my passion.
30. Spend an entire day reading, nothing else.





















31. Spend Christmas in Australia.
32. Snorkel the Great Barrier Reef.
33. Grow a magnificent garden.
34. Participate in a house exchange with someone from Europe.
35. Go to Holland and pick tulips.
36. Ride a horse on the beach.
37. Learn to play my didgeridoo.
38. Throw a boomerang.
39. Do a Roar & Snore at the San Diego Zoo.














40. Ride a gondola in Venice before it sinks.
41. Parasail.
42. Swim at a Hawaiian waterfall.
43. Get acupuncture.
44. Take a cooking class.
45. Go on a honeymoon.
46. Go to Fiji & drink kava with the Maori.





















47. Go sailing.
48. Meet Steven Tyler & Johnny Depp. Separately.
49. Learn to play a musical instrument.
50. Remember the important things in life.


Yes, I aim big and think large. But, like my good old friend, Dr. Suess, said:

“And will you succeed? Yes indeed, yes indeed! Ninety-eight and three-quarters percent guaranteed!”

*Peace.

Updated - June 5, 2010: Getting laid off allowed me to accomplish 2 things on my Bucket List. I spent an entire day reading and it was wonderful. I am on my way to live in Washington State. 2 down! 48 to go!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! pictures look really awesome man. how did you click such fantastic pictures

    ReplyDelete