November 23, 2009

Thankful Report

Well, it’s that time of the year again. Time to express your thanks for all the wonderful things you have in your life. So, here is my yearly ‘Thankful Report’. I am the idealist who truly believes that everyone is thankful every single day. At least a little thankful…maybe..hopefully…yes? Well, if you aren't, you should be!! Anyway, it seems we choose the holiday season to express our gratitude aloud. Hmm....I wonder why that is.

Now, I’m not taking friends & family. Those are among the obvious choices one spouts when asked what they are thankful for. No, not those. I am talking those oddities that you really don’t pay much attention to. Those tiny, miniscule things that many of us take for granted but would truly miss were they gone. Yes, those things. Those truly amazing things.

So, tell me, what are you thankful for today?

1. Fuzzy socks. So much better than slippers. Soft & fuzzy, too. Perfect for keeping cold feet warm.


















2. Hot showers. There is nothing better than zoning out in a hot shower & just… being. Yes, naked & wet is good, too. :)
3. Chapstick. I will always pay homage to my waxy lips & the tube that makes them so.
4. Diabetes. Yes, thank you for making me healthier, more aware & more loving of life.
5. Happy songs & my iPod link. My iPod link lets me have control of the music in my car. Music provokes such memories & feelings and I appreciate that. Today this song made me smile:



6. Lotion. My skin would flake away like dust in the wind without it. Go ahead..sing it.
7. High heels. I love my shoes. The different, weird, fabu shoes that hug my feet. Really I should be grateful for designers like Betsey Johnson. *sigh*
8. Cawfee. I can deal with any mundane bs with cawfee by my side.
9. People who care about the planet. People who don’t litter, who recycle & plant trees. People who use & buy eco-friendly products, turn off the lights, buy organic & local. I love this planet & the beauty it provides. For you, I am super thankful.



10. Internet. I Google to seem smarter, You Tube to reminisce, List of the Day to laugh.
11. Facebook. I have found old friends, made new and became reacquainted with many.
12. The warm spot the cat leaves. When I crawl into bed and he moves, my feet go directly to the warm spot. *sigh*
13. Sushi. Specifically all you can eat sushi. Yum.
14. Invitations. Although I can’t make every event, I love being invited. I’m typically the inviter & it feels good to be the recipient.
15. Those who read what I write. You stroke my ego, thank you.
16. Fresh & Easy flowers. I give myself flowers because I deserve them & I love them. I live in the desert & can’t just walk outside to a field full. Thankfully, there's Fresh & Easy.
















17. Laughter. Giggles. Snickers. Snorts. All good.
18. A good novel. Authors who take me to another place, touch my soul & help me grow.
19. Post Secret. Makes me feel like less of a psychopath.
20. Mechanics. I have no idea how to change my oil..and I don't want to know.
21. Touching. It's my favorite sense.














22. Quiet mornings. When it’s dark, the coffee is hot and the world is at peace.
23. Netflix. I don’t have to leave the house to see a good movie!
24. Dental floss. Especially at Thanksgiving!
25. Tivo. The perfect marriage of reality & tv.
26. Toilet paper. For obvious reasons. I wouldn’t like to use leaves or newspaper.
27. My crackberry. My lifeline.
28. Lint Removers. SO thankful. Two hairy cats and a lover of wearing black, I thank you.
29. Weekends. Love them. Enough said.
30. Soldiers. I am a peace lover. My name means warrior woman but I am not a war lover. However, I am thankful for those who love this country so completely that they put their lives on the line for my freedom. The only thing I love that much is Amanda. So, David & Adam, thank you.
















Being thankful or grateful everyday helps you appreciate those things in your life that may be overlooked or taken for granted. In a society that always covets more, I am thankful for those things I already have in my possession. The most important of which is happiness.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Enjoy yourselves.

"Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful." -Buddha


*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment