October 22, 2009

Kreativ Blogger

Wow! I am now the proud recipient of the coveted ‘Kreativ Blogger’ award. My Zilla over at Nearlyweds nominated me and I am honored. Never in my wildest dreams would I have ever imagined that this would happen to me. :::lackluster applause::: There are SO many people I’d like to thank! But, I will spare you and choose only 3. First, I’d like to thank Jennifer for the nomination. My cup runneth over, Jennifer! Second, I’d like to thank Blogger for allowing me free access to post my ramblings. And, finally, to everyone who dares to read my nonsense. Without you, I’d…still be writing….in my journal…at home…alone…with wine…and my cat. I couldn’t have done it without you! Thank you, America!! Good night.

I’ve always wanted to give an award speech. So, to continue in the spirit of the award, I am going to write 7-10 facts about me…I choose only 7. Then I will pass the “Kreativ Blogger’ award to..let’s do 7 again..other fabu bloggers in need of a jpeg and recognition!! Here we go. Wooo!

Facts, facts, facts……hmmmm…

1. I have no interests. This does not mean I am uninteresting, this just means I am uninterested. Nothing seems to grab my attention and tickle my fancy. Some people wrap their life around hobbies like skiing, working out, kabbalah, sports, knitting, taming wild animals ….me? Nothing. I like doing things and will try everything at least once but nothing inspires me to stay. Huh. Sounds like my dating life. Ba dum chhhhh…

2. I am easy to please. It doesn’t take much to make me smile. Trouble is that most people do not try at all. A random text or funny video, being dorky with me, hugs, bubbles, laughing, warm socks…simple, easy, wonderful things.

3. I hate long nails. I don’t like fake nails either. I think they are ooky looking even if you paint them &/or draw little paint flowers on them. It makes me think of when you die. Everyone knows when you die your hair & nails keep growing. I guess that’s why I don’t like super long hair either. Blah. Cut your nails and your hair, please. You look dead. Xp

3. I am addicted to Chapstick. I seriously have a tube everywhere. They are in my purse, in my car, next to my bed, on my coffee table, in my desk, in the kitchen. My. Lips. Can’t. Live. Without. Chapstick. They can live without the Vanilla Mint kind though. Bleck.

4. I want someone to take care of me. I have taken care of myself my entire life. Seriously. My entire life. I also have taken care of everyone else…my entire life. Now I am tired and wish someone would take care of me.

5. I don’t like my career path. It wasn’t a chosen one; I just sort of fell into it, as it were. I’m good at it, don’t get me wrong, it’s just not my dream. If I weren’t a diabetic, I would open a quaint little bookshop somewhere fabu and commit to writing my own novels. But, since I need health benefits, and have become a slave to money, I work doing something I don’t like.

6. I dropped out of college. I had planned on becoming a lawyer. Go figure. I’m sure I could have used my services 100 times by now!! Psh. One year of law and I was done! *yawn* I will go back and get my degree before I die. Haha! Just…not in law…probably in journalism or English. Something I find creatively entertaining. This is a promise I made to myself and so it shall be done.

7. 7, 7, 7…ummm….I have a beauty mark on my left forearm and I have always hated it. Now that I’m in my 40’s, I deal with it but still don’t like it. It’s the first thing I notice when I see it in a picture and I roll my eyes wondering why I let it show. I also broke that arm so I have lovely scars to add to its beauty. Psh.

Ding dang, that was difficult.

Now my lucky 7 award winning recipients!!

1. Kerri at Six Until Me

2. Jenny at Lets have a Cocktail

3. Cary at List of the Day

4. Amber at Everybody’s Working for the Weekend

5. Lee Ann at The Butter Compartment

6. Crystal at PUMPed UP

7. Chris at A Consequence of Hypoglycemia















Thanks for your endless entertainment, bloggers! You are the best of the best, I say. :) Please, enjoy your award.

*Peace.

2 comments:

  1. [bowing]
    Why thank you! I am honored. ;-)
    Guess I should get back to blogging...hmmm.
    Great list too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw shucks, this is better than a People's Choice Award. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete