October 29, 2009

Eat, Drink & Be Scary.

My favorite month has slipped by so quickly that I’m left dazed and confused. October, oh, how I love thee. I am sorry I didn’t pay more homage to you. Your crunchy, brightly colored leaves, caramel apples, crisp air, pumpkin scented candles, hot cider, corn mazes, candy corn, black & orange M&M’s, sweaters, boots, Oktoberfest!! October, you rock my Woodstock tie dyed socks.



















Halloween is right around the corner. This makes me pretty excited because I love trick or treaters. I do. I don’t love the obnoxious teenagers, I love the little kids. They are so adorable in their costumes! Most of them aren’t really sure what the whole Halloween dealio is, they just know it means free candy and that is awesome. The problem I seem to have is that I run out of candy too quickly because I feel like I have to give the cute little ones a bunch of candy. The cuter you are, the more candy you get. Yea…it’s like that.

There are several great things about Halloween outside of the free candy. Like, ‘It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.’ What is not fantastic about watching that on a Tuesday night? Nothing. I love Charlie’s costume. I love that he gets rocks. Which reminds me, what is the weirdest thing you have ever gotten while trick or treating? I remember this one house on my road would always give change. Never like silver dollars, always nickels and pennies with an occasional dime. A few years ago, Amanda came home with direct marketing leaflets and I thought this was pretty strange. Why would I buy a house from someone or hire a maid who couldn’t give my kid candy on Halloween? Nah….I’ll pass, thanks, now give me a damn Mounds! Haha!

















Another great thing about Halloween is that you can dress up like whom or whatever you want. Most women choose any type slutty costume such as pirates or nurses and most men choose athletes or superheroes. Either way, I think it is fun and there is nothing wrong with fun. The best is when you run across a super clever or hysterically funny costume.

My friend, Bill, always likes to dress as a woman. His Hooter girl costume was hysterical. But, wait…he seems to dress up like a woman every year. Last year he was Pamela Anderson, this year he is going to be Tinkerballs. Should I be concerned?














































13 Days of Halloween is pretty fabu, too. ABC Family runs some pretty great Halloween movies October 19-31. Movies such as Hocus Pocus, which is a fantastic movie, Beetlejuice, Tim Burton’s Corpse Bride, Amityville Horror, Silence of the Lambs, Carrie, Shaun of the Dead. Really great movies!! Plus, you can always count on 24 hours of Halloween on the 31st. TV shows also have their holiday episodes in full force, even game shows hop on the Halloween band wagon. It’s a nice change of pace from the daily grind.

Lastly, Halloween decorations are pretty awesome. It’s the only time of year that gore is accepted. Gross rats, body parts, blood, guts, dead guys, zombies, monsters, OH MY! There is magic, mischief and mystical enchantment in the air.

Speaking of mischief, Friendship Blog Love time! Wooooo!

Dear Herman,

Thank you for stalking me and making me be your friend. How long have we been friends? Thank you for being my lunch date and for playing Family Feud. Thank you for not letting me kill you. Thank you for taking control of me when I had lost control of me. Thank you for being my pseudo husband. Thank you for being my sibling in a past life. Thank you for Disney. Thank you for San Diego. Thank you for Thanksgiving. Thank you for letting me borrow your parents. Thank you for saying ‘have a nice day, dear’. Thank you for trying to understand even when you don’t. Thank you for being my daughter’s godfather. ‘Leave the gun, take the cannoli..’ Thank you for celebrating Christmas even though you are Jewish. Thank you for making fun of people with me. Thank you for being stupid and allowing me to be stupid. Thank you for correcting me when I cannot pronounce a word. Thank you for watching the hair mongrels that live in my house when I’m away. Thank you for being a friend stealer so I have something to yell about. Thank you for being my best friend and my family in Vegas. Thank you for being Sporty Spice. My world is a much happier and more fun place with you in it. Love, love.























Happy Haunting, everyone!

*Peace.

2 comments: