Well, I have had the most shitacious few days. What makes this opening line even worse is that yesterday was my birthday. This wasn’t a good birthday to start with. I didn’t turn 16…yay driving!! I didn’t turn 18…yay graduation!! I didn’t turn 21…yay alcohol!! I turned 41. Dear gawd.
41 is much worse than 40, I think. 40 is the top of the roller coaster peak. You reached the top with wonderful life moments twirling around your head, your hair slightly windblown and loving the fabulous uphill ride you've had. Personally, I welcomed and basted in the glory that was 40.
THEN...dun dun duuuunnnnn...you turn 41….and start to descend. Plummet. Wildly. Down. Quickly. Like a bat outta hell.
Thanks to all the friends who sent birthday wishes & gifts. I repeat, you dazzle me.
Coupled with the fact that I’m headed down ward, I have had to deal with a few people who have been monumental fuckwads. I mean, really? Is it that hard to be a good person? Is it that hard to be nice? How about happy? Is it hard? Feh. Well, while you haters continue to be miserable, I will continue to spite you. How do you like me now? haha! So, to remain happily sedated in my own wonderful life, I am reposting a few reminders that I found in some vintage 2008 blogs.
You may have broken my mood over the past few days, but you will never break my spirit.
I am thankful for:
FAMILY & FRIENDS: Of course! This one is a given & really shouldn’t count.
MY JOB: I’ve been fighting to keep it and, so far, I am winning.
TAFFY, MY HONDA: I am so mean and abusive to her but she never back talks & she is paid for.
ELISA: She has proven to me that I still don’t like Mexican food.
RAINY DAYS: These rarities make me very happy. I want to move to Washington.
MY INSULIN PUMP: I hate being a cyborg but I love that it’s keeping me alive.
DIET ROCK STAR: The only time I can burp like a man.
LITTLE WRINKLES: They remind me how wonderful my life is.
GUAM: aka: My ass. It reminds me of my cupcake love.
TRUE LOVE: I’m glad I had one and I’m glad we’re still friends.
NOT BEING PREGNANT: I’m glad my friends are though. )
MY CAT, FINN: I love when he wraps himself around my legs while I’m peeing.
TIVO: Although it did rip me away from reading…I love the marriage between reality tv & Tivo.
NEW CRAYONS: I love coloring with Amanda but it’s so much better with new crayons.
TEXTING: My connection to the world. No….don’t call me…I hate talking on the phone.
SERENDIPITY: Always when you need it the most. The movie isn’t bad either.
OLD MOVIES: I love the proper behavior, the classic dress and the terminology.
TINTED MOISTURIZER: Lightly covers imperfections without giving a pancake face.
BATH & BODY WORKS: I match the scent with what I’m wearing and it makes me smile.
RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS: Enough said.
A Few of My Favorite Things.
1. Amanda. Everything about this girl is my favorite, everything.
2. Chapstick. I am addicted and cannot survive without waxy lips. It’s true.
3. Baking cookies. Makes me feel all warm and snuggly.
4. Venti Skinny Vanilla Lattes. In fact, I wish they had a bigger size…like ‘Vat’.
5. Laughing. The really good, makes you cry, laugh that starts with a guffaw and involves a few snorts.
6. Peter Pan Creamy Peanut Butter. Enough said.
7. Pajama’s. I wish I could live in pajama’s.
8. Central Park. In the fall when the brightly colored leaves crunch beneath your feet and the crisp air kisses your cheeks.
9. Forests. The stillness and quiet even though there are animals scurrying. The moss on the trees. The rays of sunlight pushing through the canopy.
10. Unexpected snail mail. Only the good kind, like a present from your best friend of 29 years.
11. Lilacs. The real trees that bloom in full force during the spring.
12. Dinner with Friends. Pure, simple joy.
13. Butterflies. They are little surprises that flit merrily about.
14. Daisies. My favorite flowers because they are happy.
15. Clean sheets. Even better with freshly shaved legs…sigh.
16. Clouds. Laying on your back in the grass and making animals out of them.
17. Snow. Specifically the very first snow when you open the door to your own winter wonderland.
18. Humor. Very few people possess this so it’s my favorite thing when I find real, true humor.
19. Being Original. It’s my favorite thing to be the shepherd…not the sheep.
20. Good Hugs. My Aunt Donna gave the best comfort hugs ever.
There you go. I am smiling and content now. Thank you for letting me share. Now you do the same. What are some of your favorite things?
These things still make me smile and feel content. This will be my last blog until mid-October. I am going on vacation. I am going home. Home. Home so my soul gets hugged and so I can breathe.
Leaving you with one last gem that made me laugh and the hopes that the next couple of weeks bring you unspeakable joy.
Random things I hear at the office:
“I would buy that…if it were on sale….but it isn’t. It’s bullshit.”