July 23, 2009

Cyber Flirt

I am a cyber flirt. I am. I’ll admit it. If there is some sort of support group, sign me up. ‘Hi, my name is Kelly and I am a cyber flirt.’

I don’t think I know how to flirt in person, which is weird. Did I forget? Did I ever really know how to flirt? Why does it only come out online? Am I good at it? Haha! I don’t have the answers. Sorry. Maybe I do know how to flirt….maybe. I don’t think I’ve ever been an ‘in your face’ flirt. I am when I have the safety of technology as buffer, though. But, in real life, I’m more the subtle ‘did you catch on?’ flirt. You have to be really paying attention to notice.

What I do know is that I am allowed to flirt. I am single. Period. New line. I’ve had people ask me about my flirting. Often. When asked about my flirtatious behavior, there is usually a negative undertone…like I am doing something wrong. This caused me to question ‘Is flirting wrong?’ My answer was ‘As long as I’m not flirting with your husband, there’s no need for you to worry.’

I am pretty sure there are flirting rules, but I grew up living with my grandfather. It’s not like we sat down over our TV dinners while watching 60 minutes and discussed how to flirt. I think it’s something that comes naturally to some and not so much to others. I wonder if there is a Flirting 101 class offered somewhere. Like after Zumba and before Spin. Where do I sign up? There are definitely different kinds of flirts, I think.

The ‘I’m bored & need some attention’ flirt.
The ‘I’m feeling playful & you’re fun’ flirt.
The ‘I’m looking to hook up’ flirt.
The ‘going to the chapel’ flirt.

I am definitely a lot of #1 and #2. I’m pretty certain you can figure out the details of each flirt. If you need help, let me know and I’ll send you the definitions.

Do I have a point? Not at all. If my writing fell under a flirting umbrella, I would say it would be placed in the ‘I’m bored & need some attention’ category. *yawn*

Someone once said the 3 worst things about Las Vegas are June, July & August. During the summer, most locals become vampires. Vegas vampires. It is too hot to go outside during the day so everything we do is after dark. ::wink wink nudge nudge:: It is 111 every day and the relentless sun beats down constantly. Now, I know everyone back East & in the Mid West are saying ‘It’s a dry heat!’ Yea, that makes the Vegas vampires want to punch you in the baby maker. Hot is hot. 111 with zero humidity is an oven.

Holy crap! There is a movie!












And a book series!!! (kinda)










Wow. Ok. I'm boring even myself so I'm off to find a vampire to flirt with online.

*Peace.

1 comment:

  1. Excellent blog, nice post. I love the contents and thoughts. Keep writing.. I am so proud to vote for this beautiful blog. I VOTED FOR YOU, I recommend your blog to many of my friends. They too Voting for this blog. I hope you will grace me with your precious Vote.Just copy this link to your browser
    http://bloggerschoiceawards.com/blogs/show/69551

    ReplyDelete