June 30, 2009

Strike One

May 14, 2007

I am very in tune with my cons, as well as my pros. Very! Trust me on this. I could give you a litany of my less than desirable traits on command, without pause. I know when I'm being a bitch. I know when I'm being mean. I know when I'm losing patience.

I know these things. I'm very aware. If I'm not aware at that particular moment in time when I'm being a cow….I am WELL aware of it when I'm alone lying in my bed at night.

I wonder if everyone is aware. I don't think they are and damn it; it's my job to evoke awareness!! I find that I tend to overlook negative behaviors in those I consider my friends, because, well, that's what friends do. They love you for better or worse. I overlook but I do notice. Absolutely! For strangers, I notice and don't overlook. Poor behavior is apparent and I judge based on that. I know that no one is perfect. Holy crap, I know this!


This blog is not about the positive things. This blog is about the negative things. Every once in a while I think it's good to do a little soul searching or perhaps be called out for poor behavior. I think everyone needs to become aware. I mean, honestly, how can you not know how you are behaving or treating others? How can you not?!

You don't have to comment or respond if you choose to read this. You don't even have to be guilty of any of these. But for those of you that are, be aware…because others certainly are.

Argumentative
Arrogant
Belittling
Bitchy
Blasé
Bossy
Caustic
Conceited
Covetous
Crafty
Critical
Demanding
Dishonesty
Disrespectful
Egotistic
Greedy
Harsh
Hypocritical
Ignorant
Immature
Impatient
Imperious
Inconsiderate
Insolent
Jealous
Malicious
Manipulative
Mean
Meglomanic
Misleading
Moody
Needy
Rude
Selfish
Self-centered
Self-obsessed
Self-serving
Smothering
Sneaky
Stubborn
Two-faced

UGH! Please don't email or comment me asking if I'm referring to you. If you think I am, then I am. If you don't think I am, then I'm not. It's that simple. We have ALL, at one time or another, been guilty of several.

I am not blogging to make you feel bad or better about who you are as a person. I am not writing my thoughts in order to stroke egos or pat backs. Nor am I writing in order to accuse or point fingers. I write my thoughts. It's what I do. You can either take it as an insult, take it as constructive criticism or take it as it is....a blog. Only you can choose the result.

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment