June 29, 2009

Smug Married Couples



November 21, 2006


I was watching Bridget Jones Diary. A movie that totally cracks me up. Here's an excerpt:

WONEY: Yes. Why is it there are so many unmarried women in their thirties these days, Bridget?BRIDGET: Oh, I don't know. Suppose it doesn't help that underneath our clothes our entire bodies are covered in scales.

I am friends with a lot of married couples. Why is it that many of them either try to fix me up, wonder why I'm not fixed up, or question my motives on not being fixed up or wanting to be fixed up. Make sense? Maybe it only makes sense in my head. Anyway, I have also heard "You only go out with girls. Why don't you date?" Not all of my married friends are like this...but some are.

I wonder if they want me to be as miserable as they are...or...if they cannot grasp the concept that I enjoy being single. I will have a relationship when I'm ready...not when everyone else is ready. I have been married. I have a daughter. I don't ask them when they are getting a divorce. Or when are they having children. Anyway, I have met a lot of single girls that I'm becoming friends with. I'm very excited about this! Finally! People who understand that marriage isn't everything and being single is just as good. By the way, great Girls Night Out on Saturday! What an awesome time! Ok....thanks..I'm done with that vent. Haha

I love clever advertising. There is a current commercial that makes me laugh...I don't know what it's for, I think Embarq. Anyway, the guy's name is Shawn and his bands name is 'Emo Shawn'. That kills me! They sing a song about puppies crying! Haha

My Aussie friends are coming in on Dec. 1st. YEA! I'm so excited! We'll be planning my trip. However, I told Grant that he needs to make sure all aggressive spiders are removed upon my arrival. He said he took a picture for me of a huge spider that was in his room. I'm sleeping on the roof.

You know what makes me happy? Good dads. My friend, Jenna, came over for dinner the other night and we were talking about our ex's. Fun topic. After a few glasses of wine I started complaining about how I do everything and he does nothing for our daughter. Jenna said something that astounded me. Not verbatim, but she said it's because men know that women will do anything for their children. Fathers know that the mother would lay down and die for their child so they don't have to. GOD! Well, not all dads are like this. So, a big kudos goes out to my friend, Kelly. He is a great dad! Well done, Kell!

I can't wait for Thursday! I'm so hungry! I'm going to my friend Beth's house for dinner. It should be great. She always has wonderful dinner parties with good food, wine & people. The icing on the cake is that I don't have to cook!! Hurrah! I'm bringing salad and pie. Speaking of pie, my friend Aaron, who lives in Ireland, has never had pumpkin or apple pie. How sad is that? He needs some pie. haha It's also great that I have a four day weekend! Oh my God!! Life is so good right now! :))

Amanda & I are having a family day on Friday. We're going to get a tree and decorate that, along with our house. We are also going to make cookies & pumpkin pie. All while watching Christmas movies! I love Christmas! Friday is going to be awesome!

I'm going to have a cup of tea, relax and read my new book Life of Pi. It's good so far!



*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment