June 30, 2009

Peanut Sputter

February 16, 2007

So, Peter Pan & I are having relationship problems. I LOVE Peter Pan Peanut Butter, Creamy. Love it! Many blogs back I said I wanted to marry Peter Pan. Although it is the month of love, I no longer want to marry Peter Pan. I was watching the news yesterday morning when I heard the FDA warned not to eat certain jars of PPPB due to the risk of Salmonella. Specifically those jars with the product code starting with 2111. 288 cases in 39 states have been reported. I ran to my pantry and grabbed the 1/2 eaten jar of PPPB only to discover the product code is 2111. Peter Pan tried to kill me.

Also on the news there was a story about a lady driving off the freeway in LA. She died but her 10 month old boy survived. She was going 80. I'd like to think that once you become a parent, you become responsible. Prior to Amanda, I drove like a lunatic. Fast, daring and dangerous. It was only me that I had to worry about. Since becoming a mom, I realize it's not about me any longer. I rarely speed and her safety is my number one priority. I don't care ifI'm not driving fast enough for you....I'm driving fast enough for me. Corny...but precious cargo. I honestly think people should be tested before being allowed to procreate. You have to take a test to drive, to graduate, to marry. Why not to have children? The world would be a smarter place, to be sure.

There are some names that I find very scary. Damien is an obvious one, so is Adolph. But I have a few more. I'm not sure why I find these awful, I just do. Every time I hear these names I get chills, bad images or the heebies. Here they are...oooooh.....fuhreaky!

Malachai, Silas, Seth, and Erika.

I went on a job interview for the Venetian on Monday. I think it went really well. Their interviewing process takes 2 to 4 weeks. It will be some time before I know if I qualified for round 2. I was a little shocked at what the position was that I applied for. I applied for 2 secretarial positions. One in the Executive Office and one in the Corporate Office. So, basically I applied to work for the President and the Owner. DAMN! I aim high, don't I?

I had a long discussion this morning regarding Pessimists and Optimists. I think everyone is a bit of both. I'm not going to get into the details of the discussion but I had a question that I'd like to throw out to you. Where is the line drawn between Optimism and Arrogance? For example, there is this guy that I am interested in. Would it be optimistic for me to say "I know he likes me! Why wouldn't he like me? I'm Kelly!" Or would that be arrogance?

I don't think I'm a pessimist, although apparently I come off that way. Perhaps I vocalize the negative more than the positive because the negative is more fun. It's easier to laugh at it, poke fun or ridicule the bad stuff. The good stuff is, well, my good stuff. Again, I don't want to come across as boastful so I don't talk about the good as much. Does that make sense?

I told my friend that I think I am one of the happiest people I know. haha Yes, I bitch & complain about things but mainly because it's more fun! Plus, I'm not a braggart. Besides, who wants to make fun of the good stuff? You guys don't want to read how fabulous my life is and how happy I am. Hell to the NO! You want to read how crappy shit is but still be able laugh about it because it's fun. Life should be all about fun, I think.

Anyway, I could debate this topic forever but I need to go to Starbucks.

I do have my priorities.

Addendum: So Lori doesn't have an aneurysm.

I bought 3 RED phones for Valentine's Day. I did my part in supporting Aids in Africa. Now Amanda, my mom & I are all trendy.

Landscapers suck! I've sent a 'bitch them out' email because they pushed me back another 2 weeks. Yes...that's 1 month after they cashed my check. Fuckers. I hope all the neighborhood pets take care of their business in my yard. That would be great karma.

My house is getting painted next weekend. YAY! So excited!!

I haven't seen the creepy lady at the gym. But the old guy who tried to hit on me has been there. I've been ignoring his crazy ass. I took Amanda and her best friend, Gaby, to the gym yesterday. I'm hoping he'll think I live in a shoe and have tons of kids.

What else...what else....oh, the guy I work with. Now he's shifting all of his responsibilities on me. This is ok considering I'm usually bored and haven't been all week. This is bad because I loathe math and he's the Finance Manager. We've moved into a new office so he's farther away now. He still burps at my desk though. Ugh. Like school on Sunday...no class

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment