June 30, 2009

Mel-ancholy Baby

September 26, 2007

I'm writing a Wednesday blog for Mel. She's bored and, honestly, so was I...am. So, here I am opening various doors in my mind trying to find a few topics that I have yet to write about or that won't send you right back into the boredom-ness. We'll see how I do…I'm not in the greatest of moods.

I started thinking about why I can't have the things that I want. I ask the universe for these things. Why isn't it listening? Am I being ignored? One example is I want a new job. I've wanted a new job for a year. I've been having a year long discussion with Mr. Universe (yes, it's a man because it doesn't listen) about getting a new and exciting job. Here I sit. Drowning in my drool. Does the universe have a time limit on things? Does it sit in its Monday morning meeting with Karma and Kismet and say 'Umm…let's give this request 1.5 years. Next!'

Another example is a boyfriend. I ask Mr. Universe for a nice guy that I actually like. Apparently, Mr. Universe has a sense of humor and only sends me impossible relationships. I don't seek these relationships out. They just happen. It makes me so sad and, again, goes back to the why can't I have the things that I want. I think Mr. Universe gets a kick out of my reactions or how I handle things. I'm glad he's having a good time. Him and Karma & Kismet. The bastards.

I got a phone call from my mom on Monday to stop by her house after the gym. I do and she gives me this lovely tombstone that has little paw prints, a poem and a picture of Oreo & I on it. I thought I was done crying. Anyway, I get home and start walking to check the mail. There is a lady with two dogs walking in my cul-de-sac. I'm not really paying attention but I do notice that she doesn't live near me. Then she starts talking to her dog. 'Come on, Oreo.' 'Let's go, Oreo.' 'What are you doing, Oreo.' Couldn't believe it. Really?! GOD!!! Give me a break!! That night I had a dream I got a puppy. Now, of course being psychotic, I'm thinking about getting a puppy. I'm seriously contemplating it. I need counseling.

I would have to be a small dog, like a Terrier type. I would also have to wait a while for a dog. The cats are still going through mourning. Shadow has been meowing all night and getting into a lot of fights. Bella has been up our asses and needing tons of attention. I wouldn't want the cats to need kitty counseling. Plus, I don't know how they would like a dog. Shadow, I think would be fine. He survived when my mom & her two dogs lived with us but I'm not sure about Bella. I don't even know if she knows what a dog is. Then, what do I do if I want to go on vacation? Do I have enough time for a dog? Do I have enough attention for a dog? See….I need to chew on this for a while….ba dum ch!

I'm pmsing. Just thought you should know. That, plus the dark & cool mornings makes me want to stay in bed all day. I could just sleep the day away, for real. I am so tired. I have to blame it on the weather or pms because I've been going to bed at 9:30p! How can I be sleepy? Yesterday, I went and took a nap in my car at lunch. Today I am going to Starbuck's, but tomorrow, I'm napping again. It's cool enough now so I won't melt. Why am I so freaking tired?!

Some of my friends and I have decided to be the Spice Girls for Halloween. I think this is going to be hysterical. I really didn't have a clue on the Spice Girls so I had to Google them. I'm going to be Baby Spice. Total character change. I have to be cute!! WHAT?!?! The ultimate is going to be Bill. He will be Scary Spice. Holy crap, this is going to be fantastic!! I literally can't wait! I hope I can find platform boots in the thrift store.

That's all I got, Mel. Xo

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment