June 30, 2009

Kelly’s Crux

March 30, 2007

My thought for the day is does anyone really know all there is about you? The obvious answer is no. People choose & pick what they reveal to different people. You may be a fun loving wild child with one friend and a serious civilized adult with another. You may be with your partner for 40 years yet they do not know you secretly love opera. Life is bizarre and so are people.

I've compiled a list of oddities, that aren't very private but not well known, about myself. Just a few things that you probably didn't know or never noticed before…or maybe you did and I'm just fooling myself. I AM pretty much an open book.

Anyway, entertain me and do the same. We've done a blog before about 6 random things. This is similar but no limit to the amount of things you want to reveal. Have fun with it. Life has been getting far too serious lately.

~I love ketchup. I know some people think ketchup is trailer trash and GOD FORBID you put it on your eggs but I don't care. I love it! I eat ketchup on my eggs, I do. I like it on hotdogs, hamburgers and fries, of course. I also like it on mac & cheese. When I was younger I even ate ketchup sandwiches. Yep, it's true…just ketchup and Wonder Bread.

~I have a black hair that grows on my neck. I noticed this follicle about 2 years ago. I was looking in the mirror at work and saw this hair! It was long AND black! When I got home, I yelled at Amanda for not telling me! She told me she never saw it! This was before her glasses so I believe her now. I was completely mortified. I am now obsessed with it and pluck it whenever I think I see it. Gross.

~I was named after my mother's side of the family. Their last name was Kelley. My mom dropped the e for whatever reason. That side of the family lived in Texas. When I was in 5th grade, I went to school in TX for about 6 months. It was a small town so everyone knew I was the Kelley's cousin. All of my classmates actually thought my name was Kelly Kelley. Duh to all Texans. I like my name. It means warrior woman....fitting. My dad wanted to name me Strawberry Pie. Can you imagine? I wonder what that means.

~I keep journals. This is not shocking to many. I don't write in it regularly but I generally buy a new one each year. I go back & forth between writing hopes & dreams to writing about events in my life. I still have one from when I was in high school. There is some very ridiculous poetry in that journal regarding broken hearts and teen angst. I hope when I die, these will be burned along with my sex tape. Ooops!
~I love architecture. This is one of the reasons why I love Europe. I love the architectural style of the medieval, classical and renaissance periods. Is that Neoclassical? Who knows. I don't know the terminology nor do I know much about architecture, but I love to look at the buildings. I can't wait for Italy. Those structures will be mind blowing!

~I love being in a forest. Love it. I love getting lost in a forest, too. Love it! When I lived in Upstate NY I would wander around the forest for hours and not care. I would get so wrapped up in the beauty of it. I would revel in the wild animals that I would catch glimpses of, the smell of moss on old trees and the sound of rustling leaves. I could feel the life pulsating around me and I knew there was so much more that I couldn't see. I'm a wanderer and always have been. When I was little and I would wander into the forest, I thought there were woodland fairies watching over me. I used to think that they couldn't wait for me to come into the forest because I made them feel as happy as the forest made me feel. They knew I loved it there. To this day, when I enter a forest, I remember the fairies. Fanciful Kelly.

~I was almost raped when I was in high school. 12th grade. Senior year was probably one of the hardest times in my life. I found out I was a diabetic. I had unrequited love. I missed my prom. I lost friends. I thought about suicide. I almost got raped by my grandmother's boyfriend. Luckily for me, I've always been a warrior. I only ended up with a slap across the face and the awful memory. He ended up losing so much more. He's dead now too. Thanks, karma.

~My first French kiss was at the end of 7th grade with a boy named Jay Farber. I think he must be gay now because his orientation was questionable then…now that I think about it. Anyway, the kiss was so disgusting! I had nasty spit ALL over my face. I didn't kiss anyone again until high school. To this day, I can't stand to kiss anyone who gets spit all over my mouth. Bleck.

~I don't chew gum. I don't like when others chew gum either. I think it's nasty. I mean, I'm not going to ask you to spit it out or anything. If you dig it, you do….to bad so sad for me. I get visions of cattle chewing on their cud whenever I see a gum chewer. If you have bad breath, go brush your teeth. I used to have a boss who chomped on gum constantly. She reminded me of a Jersey hooker. I also don't like when people chew with their mouth open. That's probably a big reason for the anti-gum status. Anyway, don't offer me gum. Thanks.

~I seriously have moments of skewed clarity. I just noticed this recently when I was thinking back to the beauty pageant I was in. The only thing I can remember about that is the t-shirt I was forced to wear & being asked "Where do you see yourself in 10 years?" I then thought that it was because that happened a million years ago and I just forgot. So, I tested myself. I failed. I thought about San Diego. There are moments that I know I phased out. Whenever someone bumps into me, I always ask if I phased out & went invisible. The truth is…I do.

~I wish I could live in my pajamas. I LOVE being comfortable and in pjs. I also don't like to wear shoes. I get into my pjs as soon as I get home from work. I don't care if people stop by, I don't care if I need to run out, I'm comfortable and that's all that matters. Mind you, I have some cool pjs so I don't look like a hot mess. Maybe I do but I don't care. If I were ever in a relationship, my guy would need to understand my relationship with my pajamas. Pajamas and bare feet rule. Oh, and no bra. Don't forget to lose the bra.

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment