June 30, 2009

Friday the 13th……ooooooh!

April 13, 2007

It's getting difficult thinking about crap to write about in a weekly blog.

My desk chair is located right under a little copper pipe in the ceiling. A couple of weeks ago, a frigging bug fell on my lap while I was working. I jumped up, killed the bastard and called one of the men.

The building constructor came to do a final walk through on Tuesday. I told him about the bug and asked about the copper pipe. He said the bug was because it's moist in the pipe. The reason it's moist is because it's the air conditioner overflow pipe. He then said not only bugs will come out of said pipe, water will too if the a/c ever screws up. I told my boss that it was bad enough to have bugs falling on my lap, if water comes gushing out, I will quit.

WTF?? Are you kidding me??! Stupid job.

I forgot my phone at home yesterday and I'm still amazed at how much it affected me. I'm sure Mercedes was thankful because I wasn't texting her during her show but I was a bit lost. I felt like I had to call people but I didn't know any numbers. Two things that came to mind were:

A) Why don't I know anyone's number andB) Why do I care? I don't call people anyway.

I'm a texter. 'Text. Kelly Text'. Anyway, I forgot my phone again today and actually turned around to get it. Unbelievable.

I watched Grey's Anatomy last night and I have to say...I really like that show. Thanks, Jess! Last night was a clip show where they showed important clips from past seasons. I definitely need to buy Season 1 and Season 2 so I can know the background. George had syphilis. I didn't know that. What the hell is syphilis anyway? I need to Google that. I didn't know about a lot of the hookups nor did I know what Izzy's dead fiancé look like. What I really love about this show is the music. I have tons of songs on my iPod from the soundtracks. I put the latest song on my page...The Story.

You know what I love? Men with accents. There is this Aussie guy who comes into my office who makes me weak. I swear. He's gorgeous, first of all, AND he has an accent. To bad he's married as all the good ones are. I need a man with an accent. I'll have to start looking for one of those.

You know what I don't like? Those family stickers that people put on the rear windshield of their car. The mom, the dad, the 4 kids, 2 cats and 1 dog stickers. Please. What the hell? I don't care. The only way I would care would be if I was a serial killer and you were my next victim. Then I could either avoid the entire household in order to get to you or stuff them in the trunk along with you.

Imus. I remember when 'Imus in the Morning' was on the air in NY. No one I knew ever listened to him. His branding was great but that's it. Just like everyone knew who 'Crazy Eddie' was but no one shopped in his store. Just like everyone knew the catch phrase '1010 wins, beat ya!' but no one listened to AM radio. I'm going to put racism aside for a second, which is terribly hard for me, and play the opposite side of the fence. Why is it that racial comments are ok in movies, sitcoms, and the like? Why are they ok in comedy acts, everyday conversation or in the backlash jokes that are being told now? Howard Stern made a stellar comment: "He's apologizing like a guy who got his first broadcasting job," said Stern. "He should have said, 'F--k you, it's a joke."Was he joking? I don't know. Do I think he's an idiot? Absolutely. Do I know him well enough to call him a racist? No. He's a shock jock! So, why is everyone shocked? On a side note, he looks like a bloody, hot, alcoholic mess...but that's just my opinion. I wonder if he's going to be forced to go to rehab like Isaiah Washington. By the way, since when do you send people to rehab for racism?

Today is Friday the 13th. I don't really care; I just thought I'd mention it. That way everyone who is superstitious can freak out. You're welcome.

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment