June 30, 2009

Blogging Book

August 31, 2007

For those of you who do not know, I am compiling a book regarding the blogs I have written. During the last year, there have been some pretty interesting blogs that deserve to be read. Who knows if I will find an agent or if I will be published, but I wanted my readers to know.

For those of you that left comments, let me know if you wish your comments to NOT appear in my manuscript. I will, of course, be changing names to protect the innocent, but some comments are classic and also deserve to be published.

I don't know if anyone will be interested in life ramblings by me, I don't know if this is the route I will ultimately take, I just know that it's something I want to try now, in this moment. My confidence wavers as I am editing, rewriting and story lining these blogs....so we shall see where the road ends.

I mean, seriously, if OJ can write & sell a book...why can't I?

September 7, 2007: Laxative Treats

Most everyone I know has been in a funk lately. I'm not sure if it's the end of summer funk or the pre-holiday funk but the funk it is. I hate being depressed. Seriously. Some people like it and welcome the thought of moping, over eating and constantly sleeping but I can't stand it. However, even I have been a bit off. I know, imagine that! I think we need to stop taking life and ourselves so seriously. Humor. Laughing. Good times. Good friends! That's what chases the funk away. Pull yourselves up out of the muck and look around you. Life is beautiful…and fleeting….so please enjoy it.

Now, I'm trying to be a good diabetic. Since I went to the doctor and got bad news, I decided to take measures into my own hands. Thusly, I have become an obsessive food freak. Why is it that when you can't have something, you crave it madly? I have been craving sugar like a wild woman. The girls and I were going to a movie so we stopped at Walgreen's to stock up on junk food. I found sugar free Twizzler's, Peppermint Patties, Hershey's, Marshmallow thingy's…TONS of sugar free candy. I grabbed a couple and ate most of them during the movie. They were so good! That night, I had serious gas and my stomach was doing that diarrhea gurgly thing that I hate. I told Bill the next day that sugar free candy makes me fart and he said that it causes the runs! After thoughts of an excellent new fad diet left my mind, I looked at the Twizzler package I still had in my purse. There it was. 'Individuals sensitive to substitutes may experience a laxative effect.' What?!! Why sell this shit??! No pun intended. Seriously??!!

Which makes me wonder…why is it that we covet the things we cannot have? Why aren't we happy with the things we do have? I asked William this the other day in a nonchalant sort of a way. I was not really expecting an answer yet after I said it, I wanted to know. Why is it so?

Did you ever get a bruise and have no idea how? I have this bruise on my leg and I swear I have no clue how it got there. I haven't been playing football, haven't been involved in bondage, haven't been mud wrestling, haven't even been working out but there it is. So attractive on my white skin. Ugh.

Halloween is next month. My favorite holiday. Amanda's too. I can't believe it's only a month away, sheesh. Steph is having a Halloween party and I need a costume. I was thinking about Jeff Spicoli or a Charlies' Angel. I don't know. What should I be for Halloween? What are you going to be for Halloween? Maybe I want to steal your idea.

So, a Russian Mayor banned his bureaucrats from saying 'I don't know.' or 'I can't.' Or they can look for a new job. He banned 25 phrases. Here are some of them:

'What can we do?''It's not my job.''There is no money.''I was away/sick/on vacation.'

Jaysus. I would have lost my job a long time ago! Haha! What expressions would you ban? I am quite certain I could come up with a few.

There are very few things worse than waking up late. You know that heart racing, confusing panic? Yea....good times.

Have a great weekend!

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment