June 30, 2009

American Graffiti

April 5, 2007

Does anyone really know the words to 'It's The End of The World as We Know It" by REM? Or 'Loser" by Beck? I mean other than 'Leonard Bernstein'? My daughter knows more words than I do.

Why do women insist on running around naked in the gym locker room? I understand that you are sweaty..but don't you have a shower at home? I can also get that you may have someplace to go so a shower is necessary. But why go to the gym then and more importantly why prance your fat ass around naked? God. Lately I've been trying to avoid the locker room. Amanda & I have been carrying everything to each piece of equipment we want to use. Yesterday, Amanda had to go to the bathroom. While I'm waiting for her I notice some horrible women walking & standing around bare ass naked. This wasn't like 10 minutes at the Playboy Mansion. It was more like 10 minutes at the Biggest Loser…before anybody lost anything. Have some modesty, sheesh.

How is there graffiti in the middle of the freeway? How do the taggers get there? Do they stop traffic while they run out and spray? Are they from Star Trek and can beam themselves anywhere? There is ALWAYS traffic on the Las Vegas freeways…always. Vegas is not like some podunk town where one pickup truck passes every hour. It's the same with shoe prints on the parking garage ceilings. How the hell??

Everyone is well aware that my job is killing my life force. I asked for Friday off, filled out the form and it was approved. YAY! I can spend one measly day with my daughter who has been home alone on spring break all week. A couple days later I was told that I had to come in. Why you ask? We work in an office with 2 other companies. We are 3 separate entities working on the same project. Unbeknownst to me…I cannot take a day off if the girl who works at another company has the day off. What? That's like telling a McDonald's employee that she can't have off because a Burger King employee has off. I'm so pissed I can barely see straight. Then I was told that I had better check to see if this girl has off when I want to go to Italy or else I can't go. 'It is what it is.' my boss said. Oh…I'm sorry…I didn't realize I had to schedule my vacation time around another company's employee! Another company THAT I DON'T WORK FOR!!! Soooo mad. I'm done. Seriously. When I got pissed at Wells Fargo, I got this job. Now I'm pissed here so a new job is coming.

I have to things to say about Starbuck's. I didn't get the job I applied for. Is it because they know I'd drink the profits? I'm over qualified for the position…oh, maybe that's why. I was thinking it was because they knew I was an addict. Secondly, Mark & Mercedes were talking about good things this morning. Mark was saying he liked how it landed on an even number when he got gas. I decided to hit Starbucks this morning, I was hungry. I ordered my Latte, a bottle of water and their yummy low fat blueberry cake. The total? $8.00. I gave a little "Oooooooh!" at the drive thru and the girl laughed. I understand the feeling now and obviously she did too.

My deodorant sucks. I can't seem to find a deodorant that makes me feel good. I am using Secret right now. You know how when you put deodorant on, your underarm feels all smooth and silky? This only lasts for 2.5 seconds and then it's gone. I want deodorant that keeps that feeling because when it's gone I feel like I have to put more on. Stupid deodorant. Or maybe I have defective underarms. Stupid underarms.

I am really happy. This weekend is going to be great..other than the fact that I'll be alone. Amanda is going to her dad's. Booo! Anyway, Friday night I'm going to see Blades of Glory with A, B & G. I can't wait! Amanda & I were going to see it on Friday when I had the day off….stupid work. Saturday is a spa day with the girls. I REALLY need this. One hour massage….sigh….I hope it's some big strong Russian who will massage all my aches away. Then a one hour stress therapy facial. I need stress therapy..not sure about the facial..but who cares. I'll be pampered. Oh man, that's going to be awesome. PLUS, Doa is making Italian crepes for breakfast….ooooooh, I'm going to be so happy! Saturday night is Donna's birthday party. I still have to get her present and one for Steph because her birthday is tomorrow. Nothing like waiting to the last minute, Kell. Sheesh. Sunday…..chillllllllll! Yay!

Serious thought occurring….why does it seem that good things happen to crappy people and crappy things happen to good people? I know that isn't the way of it, but sometimes it certainly seems like it is. Everyone should really be grateful for everything they have…including their health. As a diabetic with a stupid pancreas, I have to still be thankful because there are people who are much worse than I am. I can feel sorry for myself and curse the Gods but in reality, I should be lucky. I appreciate health and know what it's like to have issues. So, as a serious weekend reminder, take care of yourselves. Eat right, exercise, drink lots of water and get annual checkups. Being sick or having an illness really sucks ass.

With that being said, have a great weekend everyone. Happy Easter and all that Christian stuff.

*Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment